We had a public holiday earlier in the week and I thought it was the perfect day to showcase my favourite hair style, the braid-out, while enjoying the lovely Autumn weather with a picnic on a row boat. I haven’t styled my hair like this in a few months so I was quite surprised at how ‘lengthy’ it looked. This is a major reason why I love this style so much – it really stretches out the hair to get maximum ‘hang time’.
Can you believe that this is actually 3rd day hair? I really love the results of a style that’s a few days old: My hair just gets bigger, fluffier and more voluminous. Usually I maintain my styles with the pineappling method, but in this case I opted to braid my hair up into 5 braids for bed time after which I wrapped it in a silk scarf.
Different products work differently on different hair, but in case you’re interested in my styling process for this look, here it is:
– Pre-poo treatment with coconut oil and Hello Hydration conditioner
– Cleansed with Giovanni Smooth As Silk Deep Moisture shampoo
– Deep conditioned overnight with a mix of TRES Emmé Naturals conditioner, Aubrey Organics protein conditioner, honey and coconut oil
– Moisturised with Mixed Chicks Leave-In conditioner and coconut oil
– Styled with Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
I let my hair air-dry few for a few minutes after which I braided it into a total of 8 braids, 4 on each side.
Back to rowing though, check out my rowing-concentration face while still trying to look cute 🙂
Thanks so much for reading and love your curls!